Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

injecting a boston butt

Options
Rich
Rich Posts: 67
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
There's a foot of snow here in sunny Augusta Georgia that is supposed to last only a few days. Thank goodness, us Southerners don't drive well in the snow.
To my question - I have slow cooked several boston butts on the BGE with great success using JJ's rub and mustard. I wanted to try something different and inject a marinade. Anyone tried this? How did it taste? What type of marinade?
Thanks in advance,
Rich

Comments

• DavidR
    DavidR Posts: 178
    Options
    Rich,[p]I wonder i it would be better to brine it instead. I never have any luck with injections.

• Rich
    Rich Posts: 67
    Options
    DavidR,
    I haven't had much luck with injecting either. All the marinade ends up in one place. But I thought that may be the "over marinated" pork would mix with the rest of the pork when pulled and give it a different flavor.
    Rich

• Rich,
    I am relatively new to the egg crowd. I have only had mine about 3 weeks or so, but have cooked on it about 12-14 times. I have used the cajun injector to inject chicken and pig loin roast. Both came out very juicy and tasty. The trick is to inject and move the needle aournd so it distributes the marinade around. If you get the cajun injector there are instructions on how to do it. Good luck