Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Some things I learned at the Tiki Fest

Options
BluesnBBQ
BluesnBBQ Posts: 615
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
1) When your hosts say "ribs are staring at 9:00, come over anytime," don't come at 4:30 expecting lots of ribs to be left.[p]2) What happens on the boat STAYS on the boat, but apparently (from stories I overheard) it doesn't always. :)[p]3) Corn fritters are addictive. So is fried catfish. And shrimp skewers. And Jerked pork tenderloin.[p]4) Frozen ground beef can be a great party favor.[p]5) Make sure you have the right key harmonica when you're trying to jam with a guitarist.[p]6) Dogs and parakeets can get along.[p]7) BGE people are always great to hang out with, and Wess and Sally are great, generous hosts. Actually, I already knew that.

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    BluesnBBQ,
    1. the ribs were indeed good, along with the sliders and pearl hotdogs, all of which i think you missed[p]2. yep, you do hear some interesting boat stories... .but i do enjoy wess's boat people[p]3. see, i left early, so what you missed in ribs and sliders, i missed in fritters and catfish . . but we both got to enjoy those great shrimp/pineapple skewers and wess's awesome jerk pork . .[p]4. gee, i didn't get any fozen ground beef favors. ..i did get t-shirts and aprons though. .. guess i should have stayed longer[p]5. good thing i'm tone deaf. ..i though you and jason sounded great together[p]6. .what parakeet?[p]7. ditto to that!!!!!

• BluesnBBQ
    Options
    max,[p]1) I had sliders for lunch yesterday (I returned for Breakfast - fatties and biscuits - and that laster turned into lunch).[p]4) I got a t-shirt (Sally saved a large one for me!) Saturday, plus an apron and coozies. I got more coozies and aprons and frozen home-ground beef Sunday.[p]6) There was a parrot hanging out with some guests yesterday. I broughy my crazy dog, and she was a little but interested in the bird, but more in her tennis ball. She got a lot of exercize yesterday. [p]

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    BluesnBBQ,
    It was great having you there, and I really appreciate you and Hayhonker playin us some live Blues...Thanks for the kind words..[p]Wess

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Thanks Max...as always, it was a pleasure sharing your company....[p]Wess