Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

regular pork ribs

Bordello
Bordello Posts: 5,926
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi,
I just put a package of pork spare ribs on Mr. Large, direct at about 210°, these are regular ribs not baby backs. Any suggestions, a long slow cook is fine as I like the neighbors to wonder what's "cooking".
Thanks,
New Bob

Comments

• New Bob,[p]You might spray them regularly with apple juice, since you're going direct they might dry out a little. Get them to 175 or so (meat between bone), bump temp to 275 and sauce them at that point. Crisp them up to your liking and enjoy. Ribs are my favorite cook on the Egg. If I let it slip to my friends and family that I'm cooking ribs, I always get unannounced visitors.[p]CC

• Bordello
    ColoradoCook,
    Thanks kind sir, I am off to the store for the apple juice and anything else that catches my eye.
    Happy Holidays,
    New Bob

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    New Bob,[p]At 210*, you probably have less than 200* at the actual cooking level. Don't be afraid to kick the dome temp to to 250* or so. Also, since you are cooking direct, flip the ribs every 45 minutes and change the orientation on the grid North to South, East to West with each flip for more even cooking. JMHO[p]K~G

• Bordello
    KennyG,
    Thanks for the input, it's just about that time so I will alter the direction,up the temp. and flip.
    Happy Holidays,
    New Bob