Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Butt and Guru Continued w/pics

Options
Eager Egger
Eager Egger Posts: 236
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Here is a picture of the pork butt at 12 hours into the cook. Should be done about noon. It is 8:42am here and the temperature of the pork is 162. The Guru worked perfectly overnight, kept the temperature right in the 230's and no alarms or problems.[p]Pork butt @ 12hrs
E85G5132_resize.jpg

Comments

• Buster Dog BBQ
    Options
    EagerEgger,
    If you're looking your not cookin

• Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    EagerEgger,[p]Hi Mike...looks pretty good there! I had a question about the Guru for you: Does it blow ashes up into the food/dome section? Did you have to put something between the plate setter to keep the ashes from blowing upward? Or does the Guru not move air with that much force?[p]The DigiQ II is on my list of accessories to buy, so any information about any of the draft/temperature control devices helps.[p]Thanks,[p]-Mike[p]
  • Jeeves
    Jeeves Posts: 461
    Options
    EagerEgger,
    Back in August..[p]20070812_10-43-16.jpg

20070812_10-45-52.jpg[/b][p]
    I have three small ones via CM right now... really small[/b]
  • Eager Egger
    Options
    Jeeves, Boy that looks great! I could not have been happier with the way mine turned out. My wife, son and I ate several great Pulled Pork sandwiches for dinner yesterday. The BBQ Guru ProCom4 performed flawlessly. I could not be more pleased. Next weekend I plan on trying a brisket.
    Mike