Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cedar-Planked Mashed Potatoes

Bevo
Bevo Posts: 179
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I don't know whose recipe it was, but I got the recipe for cedar-planked mashed potatoes from here. I served them for the first time today and they were GREAT! If you haven't tried them, I highly recommend them. I thought I had prepared way too much for four people, but I was wrong. Everyone loved them. Thanks to the original poster of the recipe. I will be doing them again.[p]Colin (Bevo)

Comments

• eggbasket
    eggbasket Posts: 111
    Bevo,
    I can't find that recipe - how did you prepare them?
    Thanking you in advance.
    C

• Bevo, you're welcome. Everyone I've served those to love them, and you're right, one plank full seems to be about right for four people. Something a little different.

• eggbasket, here's the recipe again. I searched the archives for the first time I posted it, but couldn't find it.[p]2 lb. Yukon Gold potatoes
    4 cloves garlic, minced
    1 small onion, sliced
    1 tsp. salt
    6 tbsp. softened unsalted butter
    1/4 cup whipping cream
    1/4 cup ranch dressing
    1/2 cup grated white cheddar cheese
    4 cheese strings, cut into 1/2" pieces
    2 tbsp. chopped flat-leaf parsley
    salt and fresh ground pepper[p]Cook potatoes, garlic and onion in a large pot of water until potatoes are fully cooked and tender. Drain well. While still in the pot, mash together the potatoes, garlic and onion. Stir in butter, cream and ranch dressing, and continue stirring until butter has melted. Let cool for 20 min. before stirring in cheeses, parsley, salt and pepper, mix well. Transfer to a large bowl, cover and refrigerate for 24 hours. When ready to grill, mound chilled potatoes an a cedar plank that was soaked in water for 1 hour. Mound them evenly along the whole plank, not higher in the centre, so they heat through evenly. Place plank directly on the grill of your egg which is heated to 400 degrees. Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown and heated through. Remove plank to a heat-resistant platter. Top with extra butter and serve.