Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

help with s-cocked chicken.

Options
mike
mike Posts: 152
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just put a 7 pound spatchcocked chicken on a well warmed egg. 350 direct on a raised grid with virtually no smoke out of the dome. now that the bird is on, I'm getting lots and lots of smoke. Will this overwhelm the bird. should i take it off and go indirect. Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Mike in Abita
    Options
    Mike ,
    Keep on cookin.
    SpatchcockBrussels.jpg[p]This is what it will look like when done. Your gonna have to add your own sprouts.[p]Mike in Abita

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Mike ,[p]Nah, that is just smoke caused by the drippings from the bird.[p]You'll be OK.[p]If you have a raised grid that would be a good idea and you can add a drip pan.[p]
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Mike in Abita,
    The grease from the bird is dripping and then burning off. Although I like using a drip pan, you should be fine!

• mike
    mike Posts: 152
    Options
    I just made el pollo loco style chicken tacos. They were the best. Thanks for your help. The chicken turned out wonderful. I thought with the amount of smoke from the drippings coming out of the top of the dome, the chicken would be too smoky. Nahhhh. the chicken was great. [p]thanks for your help