Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pumpkin-Pecan Bread Recipe_ATL EggFest 07

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thank you to everyone who tasted my Pumpkin-Pecan Bread at this weekend's EggFest in ATL. I appreciate the kind comments, and will post the recipe soon on the BGE forum. I am also going to paste it in this message just in case someone wants the recipe before I get it posted. I noticed that 350 is too warm. Try it on 325 for same time for better results. [p]Also, I may be featured in the October or November issue of "Georgia" magazine- put out by EMC- power company (possibly along with other BGE cooks this past weekend).[p]Not sure what I'll make next year, but I'm already looking forward to it, and so is my boyfriend , Tim! Maybe something with the homemade pesto I made from my basil this summer. [p]Take Care everyone!
-Lynn Hadden
lynn.hadden@cobbk12.org[p]Pumpkin – Pecan Bread[p]Lynn Hadden / Tim Blevins
Big Green Egg Fest, 2007[p]Lynn.Hadden@cobbk12.org
H- 770-792-9897
Cell: 404-839-1424[p]3 cups All-purpose Flour
3 cups Granulated Sugar
1 teaspoon of each of the following:
* cinnamon
* cloves, ground
* allspice
* nutmeg
* baking powder
* vanilla
(I add the vanilla when I add the liquid items below.)
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon soda[p]Mix all the of the above ingredients in a large mixing bowl.[p]Add:
1 cup oil
3 eggs (I use large or jumbo eggs)
1 can, Libby Brand solid pack pumpkin (not pie mix)
1 cup, chopped pecans[p]Mix thoroughly to completely moisten and mix all ingredients together.[p]Grease and flour baking pans (loaf pans). I use 5 or 6 mini loaf pans. I used a silicone Kitchen Aid baker (with place-setter), and a cooling rack under silicone baker to stabalize wet dough.[p]Bake at 350 degrees for 45 – 60 minutes until done on top with no liquid showing.[p]This was slightly too warm- try instead at 325 degrees for about same time so bottoms and sides of loaves don't burn.

Comments

• Tim Fowler
    Options
    Hey Lynn Hadden, Pumpkin _07,[p]I was one of the lucky ones that came by to meet you
    and sample that wonderful Pumpkin-Pecan Bread.
    I doubt you remember me, tall and skinny. Other than
    that I'm pretty forgettable.[p]Just wanted to say thanks and
    Again...that was some mighty fine bread!
    I will be trying it on my own soon.[p]