Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

TURKEY BREAST

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
i bought a butterball turkey breast and plan on cooking it tomorrow night(11-29-01). do you all have any suggestions or tips? i need this to turn out wonderful. i am having some people over to help me eat it..[p]thanks,
dawgfan

Comments

• BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    dawgfan, I recall seeing some great pix and direction from Tim Moore's BGE site for turkey breast. A great starting place, I would think.......
    Qfan

[ul][li]Tim's Site[/ul]
  • View?u=1386188&a=10352425&p=34908558
    <p />dawgfan, I followed Tim's suggestion to the tee and it came out great. The only thing Tim didn't tell me to do was turn the breast the other way or upside down. The back didn't looked cooked but it was. It is just to give more color and BBQ looking taste to the breast.
    I also did a couple turkey breasts using the beer butt method and could not argue with the results about any other way.[p]CWM

• dawgfan,
    I just cooked four of them last weekend. I rinse them off, dry them off, rub them with a little olive oil, sometimes I sprinkle them with a little Montreal Steak Seasoning. I put it breast side up on a v-rack over a drip pan on the inverted plate setter. I put a Polder probe in the breast, throw about 3 golf ball size chunks of pecan on the fire, cook at 375 until the probe says 170ish. It takes around 1:45 to 2:00. Man oh man....[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Alan
    Alan Posts: 72
    dawgfan,[p]I have done a bunch of them, and what I do is to brine them for about 1.5 hours in a 1/2 cup salt/1/2 cup sugar solution, then rub with olive or canola oil to give a nice brown color. I cook indirect at about 325-350, with a good handfull of pecan chunks until 170 internal. It usually takes about 3 hours and tastes great and is very moist. [p]Any rub you like is a bonus. [p]Hope this helps,
    Alan

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    dawgfan,
    Judging from your handle, I have to ask … Where in Cleveland do you Live?[p]RhumAndJerk
    Garfield Heights, OH[p]