Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Dream

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The Dream[p]One of these days I’m going to start thinking seriously about retiring and buying me one of those really nice motor homes to spend my final years touring the country. Until now, about all I could look forward to was driving here and there to see all those beautiful sights America is so blessed with. But after reading all the Big Green Eggers’ posts about good food and good times I have come to the conclusion that I should map my journey around where Eggers live. They all seem to be a happy bunch, willing to share their lives and good fortune with others, and most of all, they are usually good cooks (thanks in part to their Eggs). Naturally, I will use the experience to write a best-selling book that is laced with exciting adventures, neat photos, humorous stories and mouth-watering recipes. Most assuredly, I will have a Big Green Egg or two along to demonstrate and share with those who have never experienced the Egg. I wonder if the fine folks at Big Green Egg would underwrite this dream?[p]Spring Chicken[p]

Comments

• Gretl
    Gretl Posts: 670
    Options
    Spring Chicken,
    Can't speak for the Underwriters, but for myself...you're more than welcome. Bring charcoal. ;-)
    Cheers,
    Gretl

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    Spring Chicken,
    If they underwrite that, let me in on the deal. Sounds perfect.
    While we don't have a lot of great bbq here in New Orleans, be sure to include us in the trip...it truly is one of the great food cities of the country.

• Jethro
    Jethro Posts: 495
    Options
    Spring Chicken,[p]Sounds like something I've thought about too.[p]Ever visited Big Bend NP, not to far from you.[p]Jethro
  • Citizen Q
    Options
    Spring Chicken,
    I think you're right on the money there. From the sounds of it, I'd say that the majority here already cooked better than fair to middlin before their Eggs came along, but as in any other worth-while pursuit, we were drawn to a better tool.[p] Where else can you find such a large group of BBQ enthusiasts that watch Bobby Flay not to learn anything, but to shake our collective heads in astonishment at the cruel and unusual punishments that he delivers to innocent and unsuspecting cuts of meat?

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    Jethro,
    Nope, but it's on the dream agenda.

• Puj
    Puj Posts: 615
    Options
    Spring Chicken,[p]Maybe MasterCard will provide the funding. If they'll fund 2 guys to drive around the continent to watch baseball you should be at least able to peek their interest. Of course, don't let the two 40-somethings in Minnesota find out or they'll sue you too! :)[p]In your travels place a peg on Duluth, GA, and when you come this way Mrs. Puj and I will be thrilled to host you.[p]Puj

• Puj,let me know when he's visiting, we live in Suwanee, GA

• Puj
    Puj Posts: 615
    Options
    Gordy Adams,[p]Where?
  • Gordy
    Gordy Posts: 49
    Options
    Puj,We currently live in Sugar Hill in the Lakefield Forest Subdivision off of Level Creek, a couple blocks from N. Gwin. HS. Putting the house up for sale in a couple of weeks as I bought a new lot in the Barrington Subdivision on Suwanee Dam Road

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    Citizen Q,
    You're right about Bobby Flay and his cohort. They make the Q'n experience look like work instead of fun. I never learned a thing watching their program except maybe to appreciate my BGE a lot more. The meat they use sure looks good though. Just think how much better it would be on an Egg.