Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bigg Butts

Options
DynaGreaseball
DynaGreaseball Posts: 361
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Do larger Boston Butts do better than small ones? I have one local store that never has this cut any larger than about 5-1/2 lbs. Another seems to have only 8 or 9 lbs. all the time. Do ya'll find that the larger ones produce better pulled pork than the small ones, or is that not a concern? I know there's lots of variables.

Comments

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    DynaGreaseball,
    The smaller ones will cook quicker. Other then that there shouldn't be much difference in the flavor.

• BYC
    BYC Posts: 358
    Options
    DynaGreaseball,[p]I have been burned in competitions thinking smaller butts cook in less time. I still put them all on at the same time and make up for the readiness in the end. Half the pre-cooked weight does NOT mean half the normal cook time. What I have learned is that bigger butts go 2-3 hours longer. That'a about it.[p]As TB would say Happy Eggin!