Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hoisin BBQ Baby Back Ribs

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks to all for the rib advice. Cooked 6 full racks of baby backs using the 3/2/1 method at 250* w/ inverted platesetter, drip pan and rib rack. Rubbed with salt/pepper before the cook. Sprayed the ribs w/ apple juice before each flip. Coated w/ hoisin bbq twice in last hour. Absolutely delicious and fall off the bone tender. Sauce was a big hit as well. Hoisin bbq sauce ingredients: 1/2 cup hoisin, 3 Tb. soy sauce, 3 Tb. sake (rice wine), 2 Tb. sugar, 2 Tb. ketchup, 2 Tb. minced garlic.
DMC

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    DMC,
    Sounds like a great and simple sauce! Hoisin is good stuff...especially with pork. I use a sauce recipe that has a few more ingredients, but has most all that you put in yours. You might like it.[p]Congrats on the highly successful ribfest!
    NB

[ul][li]Mahogany Rib Sauce[/ul]
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • BluesnBBQ
    Options
    I did some ribs a few weeks ago like that. I rubbed them with salt pepper, a little cayenne and sesame oil. I brushed on some Mr. Yoshido's sauce (with some Sriracha added for heat) for the last half hour. They turned out pretty good, but I think next time I'll add some garlic powder and five spice mix to the rub.