Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BlueSmokes ham recipe

Options
Bordello
Bordello Posts: 5,926
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This was the only small ham I could find, that's why I used it.[p]I used a small (1/4) piece of cure 81 ham, didn't have an injector so I soaked it in apple cider overnight. Next day I bought an injector and injected the ham with more apple cider and let sit overnight again. Next day I smoked it with apple chips at about 210° to an internal 150° then coated it with the 50/50 mixture of orange juice and honey, let it cook about 15 minuets more. Absolutely wonderful. The next one will be a whole cure 81 and I will share it with my neighbors.
My Thanks to BlueSmoke for his wonderful recipe.
New Bob

Comments

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    New Bob,
    The credit is all yours - Congratulations! I'm just glad to have been of a little help.

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    New Bob,
    A really good addition to that oj/honey mop is a "snort" of Cointreau, bitter orange liqueur. When I lived closer to the border, I used to use "Controy", a Mexican knock-off of Cointreau. Orange bitters (just a couple of drops) is another good addition, and I hear that Cuban grocers carry bitter orange juice. I haven't been able to try the latter, but that ought to be good too.