Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grid Cleaner

Options
Beast
Beast Posts: 78
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have two BGE Grids that are now in need of a goood cleaning can someone suggest a reccomended cleaning method that will actually get all that crud/build up off of them i have tried various things the last thing i tried was taking them to the car wash & using the high pressure blasting hose to try and clean them it did ok just not what i expected but it was fair thanks
Beast

Comments

• Beast,[p]Sometimes I just crank the BGE up to 550
    + for 15-20 minutes and it does a great job, or place the grids and other greasy pieces in the dishwasher for a clean and after the cycle is over and the pieces are dry, what did not get washed off will come off with a light brush rub.

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Beast,[p]I believe it is the RRP method. Get a trash can lid from a home improvement store. Galvanized or rubbermaid.[p]Put it upside down, put grids in, spray with Dawn Power Dissolver or equivalent. Let soak, then rinse.[p]
  • BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    Options
    Beast,
    Get yourself a Billy Bar cleaner and you will never have that problem again. Best cleaning tool I have ever seen. I had a stainless grill made from 3/8 stock and also had them make a BB copy for the larger size. It even lets you clean the bottom of the bar, from the top![p]BGE Also sells them with the BGE label on the handle.

[ul][li]Billy Bar[/ul]