Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pig Candy

Options
Beast
Beast Posts: 78
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello All,[p]I have searched the archives for the pig candy recipe to no avail and i'm on my way to the store to buy some of the things i think i may need ( Bacon, Brown Sugar ) any help such as cooking temp time applying the ingredients ect. would be greatly appericated thanks
beast

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    Beast,

[ul][li]candy[/ul]
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • 1shot
    1shot Posts: 67
    Options
    Beast,
    all you need is some bacon brown sugar and red pepper, if you want. mix all together and rub onto the bacon. It is best to use a drip pan with a raised grid to keep from flaming up on you. That stuff is awesome. I hope you enjoy[p]1shot

• Beast
    Options
    1shot,
    Thanks i'll let you all know how it turned out this is my 1st try at this

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Beast,[p]Pig Candy[p]Thick sliced bacon
    Brown Sugar
    Red Pepper ( I also use Tony Chacerre's (sp?)[p]Mix brown sugar & red pepper together to get a sweet/hot taste[p]Take a fork and lightly mash mixture all across the top of the bacon (reserve mixture for other side for later)[p]Put bacon on a disposable wire rack on top of a drip tray (I buy both of these at wal-mart)[p]Get BGE to 325-350 degrees dome temp & cook for 1 hour or until bacon is crisp. (Do turn bacon with fork after 30 minutes & put mixture on the other side of the bacon)[p]When you take it off the BGE put it on a plate (not paper)[p]Stand back when you serve it because the guests will love it...[p]Kim Youngblood
    (aka vidalia1)

• Beast
    Options
    vidalia1,
    Thanks forthe information it came out pretty good for a 1st time attempt i also did a 16" pizza tonight man was it great only if i has a 16" pizza stone the BGE stone isn't that big but i made due with what i had had a house full of happy campers they loved it any suggestions on doing a 16" pizza for the next time around??