Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Can a Turkey have a 3-1-1 method like ribs

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Since we have somewhat perfected the rib method for cooking on the BGE, why don't we all try and come up with a method for cooking turkey. It is a long cook and most of us will be cooking one over the next few months, so it may be a good time to experiment with it.[p]It dose pose a question... Can you foil a bird like ribs?? Would this make it to chewy or not?[p]I think that we can improve on any method of cooking if we all get together and exchange ideas? Too many good Egger's here to miss out on this chance.[p]KT

Comments

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    KT,[p]I've tried to foil some chicken parts once, added some onion and spices to the foil pouch and tried it on the egg. Problem was that the meat came out "steamed" and was not all that appetizing. Texture was a bit off. It did add the flavor to the meat that I wanted but I should have cooked it direct for a bit to put a bit of a bark on the meat.[p]Part of the enjoyment of a turkey or chicken to me is that outer shell that has all of the flavor in it. Biting through that is like ambrosia to me. I didn't get that by the foil method on the chicken pieces.[p]Any other ideas would be welcome as I think you bring up a great point for discussion. Hopefully we'll all learn from the upcoming discussion.[p]Troy