Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

V-rack for Mini?

Options
mollyshark
mollyshark Posts: 1,519
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Did my pork tenderloin on the mini last night (was only a little over a pound). Came out lovely. Only problem is I don't have any kind of rack whatsoever that would fit in the mini. Has anyone seen something that would fit or have another suggestion? Just needs to raise it up about an inch or so to keep it out of the drippings.[p]Incidentally, those little foil cake pans you can get in the grocery store fit PERFECTLY to catch drippings and also for cooking fish and such where you want it in the liquid.[p]mShark

Comments

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    MollyShark, I bought an extra grill and put a brick on the bottom grill, the aluminum pan on the brick and the second grill on the pan. It managed to cook a 2-lb pork tenderloin with no problem on the mini.

• Carl T
    Carl T Posts: 179
    Options
    MollyShark,[p]I use my Mini a lot. I cook indirect with a small foil drip pan with one of those little bread cooling racks (approx. 4" x 6" setting on top of the foil pan to support the roast. It works great.[p]Carl T

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    Wise One,
    Great ideas. I'll probably do both. Tonight is the first time I fired up my big guy in a long while. Actually got the autolock to work and everything. I forgot how hot that big one gets. 15 minutes and I was pulling 800 with no sign of slowing down. The ribeyes were to die for, though. That with some Chilean cabernet and nothing seems quite as serious as it did just a few hours ago.[p]Thanks for the suggestions![p]MShark