Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

More Turkey talk

Options
Bordello
Bordello Posts: 5,926
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Any opinions on doing a small hen for turkey day, vertical roaster (if so, which roaster would you recommend) or indirect on the grill. (I don't have a rack) Are the vertical roasters that you can put liquid in preferable.
Thanks,
New Bob

Comments

• char buddy
    Options
    New Bob,[p]Scroll down the forum and look for any posts by J. Appledog. She won some kind of contest with her turkey and its something I plan on trying this year. If that doesn't work, go to the profile and e-mail her direct.
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    char buddy,
    Yes, I printed it out this morning. The main reason I decided to ask is that I will have a small hen and thought with all the talk of doing chicken ( beer butt type) it might be more moist if done that way.
    Thanks for you reply
    New Bob

• J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    New Bob, I also brined a large (not Cornish) game hen* that I did indirect on another BGE during the competition. Both birds were trussed and flat on a rack over a drip pan. I put no liquid in the pan under the small bird & it was incredibly moist when I cut into it the next day! JCA[p]* a.k.a. "Tiny Tom"