Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Moist and Tender Brisket Recipe

Options
Eager Egger
Eager Egger Posts: 236
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I know, I'm asking for a lot :-) I cooked a couple of briskets when I was using a smokler and they were not successful. I always rushed them because I am not a fan of staying up all night cooking. We have a central Texas BBQ joint called Rudy's just down the road and they sell "moist" brisket on their menu. It's the best around as far as I am conerned.[p]Does anyone have a tried and true Brisket recipe with a home made or suggested rub that is still a bit moist when done? I am waiting for my BBQ Guru to come and would love to doa brisket this weekend.
Mike

Comments

• Jeeves
    Jeeves Posts: 461
    Options
    EagerEgger,[p]
    Yeah no, I was thinking of ya on the way into work this morning. Was going to tell you to drive down the street and onto Sam Bass Road and see what spices they have.[p]Why?[p]Well, I bought some of Rudy's rub (to send to TNW with that HEB lump) and I noticed that it's packaged for Rudy by Texas Spice Company!![p]The only time I can get over there is their '1st saturday each month' that they are open.. Give them a call..[p]

More Links
    [p]-Jeeves

• Eager Egger
    Options
    Jeeves, That's right near us, probably about 2 miles. I'll run over there in a few minutes and let you know what I find. My Company moved their offices over the weekend and the servers and phone system still down, so I sure can't get much work done.
    Mike[p]

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    DSC02856a.jpg
    <p />EagerEgger,[p]When you ask for "moist brisket" in many barbecue joints, including Rudy's, you get slices of point. Some older more traditional places call it like it is, "fatty cut" and "lean cut". What holds true is, the fattier point is very moist. [p]In the picture above, most of the slices are from the point. The fourth one up from the bottom is a slice of flat. The picture below shows my personal favorite slices from a whole brisket. They contain some point and some flat. (the flat in on the top) Rule #23, you don't always have to separate along the natural seam. LOL[p]d7389712.jpg[p]You can see the juice on the board, but trust me.....if you chilled down it right now, that juice would set up because of all the fat.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery