Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sweet Potato Soup with Rum Cream

Options
ChefDave
ChefDave Posts: 142
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Since the weather is cooling down, I thought I would try one of my winner soups on the BGE. Just about half way thru with the soup but Boy does it smell wonderful.[p]David

Comments

• Letts-Do-It,[p]Don't tease us like that without a recipe.
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    Daniel Shuflin,[p]Indeed! Recipe, recipe! [p]gdenby

• ChefDave
    Options
    gdenby,[p]It will be forth coming. I can't believe that there aren't more eggers that love sweet potatoes. This is a really tasty soup. Great for those really cold nights.
  • Poodlemom
    Options
    Letts-Do-It,
    Sounds great!! Please share the recipe.

• ChefDave
    Options
    Letts-Do-It,
    Here's the recipe....
    1 1/2 tablespoons butter
    1 small onion
    4 1/2 cups chicken broth
    2 pounds of sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
    2 tablespoons maple syrup
    2 fresh thyme sprigs
    1/2 teaspoon curry powder
    1/2 cup whipping cream
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
    pinch ground nutmeg
    pinch ground red pepper
    Rum Cream (recipe follows[p]Melt butter in a Dutch oven at 250-275: add onion and saute until tender. Stir in chicken broth and the next 4 ingredients; bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour
    or until potato is tender. Remove and discard thyme sprigs. Cool slightly.[p]Process mixture in batches in a blender or use a boat motor ( as Emeril calls it) until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides. Return to Dutch oven and stir in whipping cream and next 4 ingredients. Cook over low heat (which I did on
    the stove ) stirring occasionally, until thoroughly heated. Serve with Rum Cream (optional)[p]RUM CREAM
    1/2 cup whipping cream
    1/8 teaspoon grated lemon rind
    1/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
    1 1/2 tablespoon dark rum[p]BEAT all ingredients at high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.[p]ENJOY

• RhumAndJerk
    Options
    Letts-Do-It,
    Yeah, that sounds like a winner.[p]Thank you for sharing,
    RhumAndJerk