Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bubba burgers on the egg

kim
kim Posts: 63
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am having a party and want to cook burgers, however I do not want to patty out as many burgers as I will need. In the past when we have used bubba bugers they flare up really bad. Has anyone used them on the egg or should I just stick to the old fashion way of making burgers? Thanks

Comments

• Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Kim,
    For a store bought burger they are not bad from the reports that I have heard.But as the saying goes fresh is best.I would pick up some 80/15 or 80/20 fresh ground chuck and enjoy a good burger.

• Darnoc,[p]Buy the big rolls of chuck, 5 pounders I think. Slightly freeze and then slice. Better meat and easier patties. [p]OD
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Darnoc,
    Oops should be 85/15 . Sorry for the wrong math but my Bull Mastiff was going nuts outside and had to check things out.

• wrobs
    wrobs Posts: 109
    Kim,
    I've done many a Bubba Burger on the Egg and have never had any flare up issues. If you plan on taking them right out of the freezer and putting 'em on the grill, plan on 18-20 minutes at 350 to be medium well and about 15 minutes for medium. I will rotate my grid after 5 minutes and then again at 10 minutes when I flip the burgers.
    Good luck and good eats![p]Robert

• Kim,
    Are you a member of sam's club? I have used these before, they don't flare up at all if your coals have been lit for a while. I cook them on the regular level grid, top with cheese toward the end. They taste pretty darn good for a frozen burger! $13.88 for a box of 18 one-third pound patties. Here is the link: -Si[p]http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=197489

• Kim,
    WE cook burgers every other day at the store to feed the customers and we prefer 27/73 ground beef. Not only the cheapest but it makes outrageous moist burgers. Fat content .... well ...You only "go round" once and we're all fat already so the hell with it. My best buddy was a health nut and he's dead so bring on the beef and brewski. [p]OK..our alternate is the Bubba burger frozen right onto the egg at around 350 to 400 and they cook fast and are really quite decent.

Fred A. Bernardo , owner of Tasty Licks BBQ Supply in Shillington, Pa. 
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Kim,
    As I have posted before - IMO those Bubba Burgers have to be an acquired taste! I have tried 3 boxes of their flavors and then turned around repeatedly trying to kick myself in the butt for buying them! My best advice is donate the rest to The Salvation Army or to your local food pantry and then go buy some good beef as those Bubba Burgers belong to another time and another world! You own a BGE now!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • amini1
    amini1 Posts: 105
    Kim,[p]Buy a hamburger press and buy real ground beef. Fox Run makes Cooks Illustrated's favorite. Link is below.
    [ul][li]http://www.amazon.com/Fox-Run-Round-Hamburger-Press/dp/B0000CFTSH[/ul]