Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sirloin Tip Roast -- help

Options
Bama Fire
Bama Fire Posts: 267
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Okay -- I bought this hunk of meat -- about 5 pounds, but have NO idea what to do to it. Any suggestions?[p]Thanks, in advance.[p]Roll Tide (hoping to avoid the "death penalty").....[p]B~F

Comments

• Painter
    Painter Posts: 464
    Options
    Bama Fire, Just did one this weekend. Trimmed fat and rubbed with oregeno, garlic granules, and black pepper. Put in ziploc bag for 24 hrs or so, or plastic wrap, your not going to get much flavor penetration anyway. Did mine on the small egg. Got up to 550 degrees and seared all sides till you get good crust or browning. I then pulled off and put down small drip pan on single firebrick and put meat on a upper grill indirect at 350 til 120 degrees internal, about 1 1/2 hrs. This is very important, if you overcook it will toughen meat. Let rest for 20 minutes and slice as thin as you can and put on toasted frech bread.I heated up McCormick au jus mix and used that for my sandwich dip. Good beef flavor and great for leftover sandwiches with some horesradish sauce on frech bread. Worked for me. Good Luck....Painter

• Bama Fire
    Bama Fire Posts: 267
    Options
    Painter,
    Damn that sounds good! Thanks for the advice!