Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

eggplant help

Options
eddy-turn
eddy-turn Posts: 36
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
i saw arecipe for eggplant that basically called for inserting garlic through the skin of the eggplant before cooking.[p]can anyone help me locate this recipe?[p]many thanks,[p]eddy-turn

Comments

• SyraQ
    SyraQ Posts: 95
    Options
    eddy-turn,
    Found this on the web:
    "Cut slits into a whole eggplant, stuff a few slices of garlic into each slit, and roast the eggplant in a 400-degree oven for 40 to 60 minutes, or until collapsed and completely tender. Peel the eggplant, then chop or mash into a puree."[p]I've made something similar in the past. It is a Middle Eastern dip or spread called Babba Ghanouj. Look for recipes under this name because there is more to it than eggplant and garlic...maybe some lemon juice, etc.[p]

• Smokin' Lady
    Options
    eddy-turn, here's an easy eggplant recipe that I just tried, and it was a big hit, makes a nice appetizer.[p]EGGPLANT PARMIGIANA[p]1 Tbsp. olive oil
    1 clove garlic, crushed
    1 eggplant, sliced 1/2" thick
    1 cup pesto sauce (I used basil pesto)
    2 tomatoes, diced
    3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
    1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
    fresh basil (for garnish)[p]Brush bottom of eggplant slices with mixture of olive oil and garlic. Place on a low grill (I did at about 200 deg., and put the slices on my round pizza pan with holes in it to make them easier to remove from egg) and cook for 8 min.
    Turn slices over and spread top of each slice with a tsp. of pesto. Cover with diced tomatoes and cheeses. Return to grill and cook a further 5-7 min. Garnish with basil.

• Smokin' Lady
    Options
    eddy-turn, I neglected to mention what the recipe recommended to do to the eggplant first, to remove the bitterness: cover eggplant slices with coarse salt for 20 minutes. Rub off salt with a paper towel and pat dry. I did this as well, and it tasted great to me.