Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shish Kabob

Options
fiver29
fiver29 Posts: 628
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was wondering if anyone had any good Big Green Kabob recipes for beef?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strongsville, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
[I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

Comments

• fiver29
    Options
    fiver29,[p]Soooo, does this mean no one has ever cooked Kabob's on the egg before?
    Strongsville, Ohio

[I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    fiver29,
    Kind of suprised that one didn;t get some sort of response...then on the other hand I dont remember seeing any beef kabob recipes.[p]I have cooked chicken, pork and veggie kabobs, but not beef yet. I have some ideas of how I would go about it if I was to try it. I like to do kabobs with the meat and veggies seperately. Sometimes a piece of onion between the meat, but since they cook differently...I keep the other veggies seperate.[p]A marinade with green onions, soy sauce, garlic, sake or sherry and maybe some ginger and sesame seeds is one way to go. If you use tender beef, cook them hot and fast...like 500 or so for just a few minutes per side. If you use the tougher cuts, go with 250-300 direct to slow the cook down enough to tenderize the meat.[p]Hope that helps. If you have a particular flavor, or style you are looking for...yell out. [p]Cheers
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Ksdaddio
    Options
    fiver29,
    I really like kabobs, but beef is always a problem due to cook time. There are a variety of ways to do them, but all of them mention cooking the beef alone, and then putting the kabobs together before serving. A major pain. I have cooked the meat and veggies on seperate skewers, then just served it that way. Not as "pretty" but saves handling the food again.

• fiver29
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]Thanks NB!! I'll have to think of how I want to go about it. Looks like going separately will be the way to go.[p]Thanks again and I'll post my results!
    Strongsville, Ohio