Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Gasket set time

Flashback Bob
Flashback Bob Posts: 519
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I decided to add a BGE gasket to my dome rim to ensure a snug fit against the Rutland gasket on the bottom rim. Now it passes the dollar bill test all the way around.[p]I put it on this afternoon and I'm wondering if it'll be ok to cook ribs tomorrow morning which will be 15 to 16 hours rather than the recommended 24 hrs. It's a low temp cook so do you think it'll be ok?

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    Flashback Bob,
    IMHO you'll be fine. This BGE curing time and such is just recent "egglore" in the last year. I along with others have been to eggfests where the dealer's men set them up and put the BGE gasket on in front of us and we fire away! Also since you have a tight seal now that's all the more assurance that only the inner most edge of that BGE will be taking the heat and at that at a low rib cooking temp besides. Go for it!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • "This BGE curing time and such is just recent "egglore" in the last year."[p]I agree.[p]Spacey

• Spaceman Spiff,
    That's EGGcellent! Thank you both, I thought it'd be ok but it's always better to have confirmation!