Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

All kinds of stuff........

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Did you know you can find all kinds of good information about
the BigGreenEgg by going to the address below. It tells
how to build a fire, how to adjust the temperature, gives all kinds
of recipes and much more. It's about 96 pages long.
Just go to:[p] www.tm52.com/bge/BGERecipes.pdf

Comments

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Ruffo, if not they should. That's the book that I have been putting together mostly from submissions here on the forum. Tim M was kind enough to put a copy on his web site that where the URL will take you to. I try to get an updated copy out each month so that 96 pages will slowly grow. Thanks for notice. It's always good to see that someone appreciates it.

• Wise One,[p]I agree with Ruffo, it's a terrific resource. If I was the BGE Company I'd consider replacing the "cookbook" that comes with an Egg with yours. Much more practical information. I print it out, put it in a binder and refer to it often. Thanks to you and Tim for doing this![p]Cheers![p]Kelly Keefe
    Jefferson City, MO

• Kelly Keefe,
    I'm already on binder #2 and they are the 1.5" size. Being a slob I use the plastic page protectors (for obvious reasons) but that also allows me to "2 and 3 up" each side so I have a lot packed in those two books. Wifey has collected cook books for years and has a library of about 450 books, but I make sure MY COLLECTION OF 2 gets its seat on the kitchen bookcase.[p]

• Ruffo,[p]Pititful me. I visit Tim M's site regular and never twigged to that pdf recipe book. Like a dog without a sense of smell, I really needed that pointer. [p]
  • Wise One,[p]What a great resource. Thanks Wise One. Give Jack MacDavid (from "Grillin and Chillin') a credit on the portabello sandwich and a note that I'm the source of the alternative ingredients. [p]BTW, I owe you some Philly products for the pecan wood. It's great stuff, I'm still using it.[p]Thanks again for a great recipe book.
  • WudEyeDoo
    WudEyeDoo Posts: 201
    Wise One,
    I just saw your compilation for the first time earlier this week, printed it out, and made a notebook. Thanks! This is a "must have" for any newbie and so is TimM's web site. I think anytime someone posts that they just bought their first egg we should prompt them to both resources. It would really help jumpstart the learning curve we all have to go through.[p]I have been including some of the great stuff I have compiled from this forum in my new notebook as well. Like one feral cat, it looks like I'm going to graduate from a 1" to a 1 1/2" notebook real soon. I might actually get organized someday! [p]Bob

• sdbelt
    sdbelt Posts: 267
    I have a printed copy at home, forwarded to me by Wise One, that has really helped me out a bunch. I sent a soft copy to a co-worker that's had a BGE for a couple years and he also agreed it was a great collection. [p]--sdb
  • Brant
    Brant Posts: 82
    Wise One,[p]Wow, what a resource you have put together! Excellent work![p]Brant
  • Citizen Q
    Citizen Q Posts: 484
    Ruffo,
    I've heard about this compilation before but had trouble the one time I tried to access it. It really is something no ceramic chef should be without. One problem though and I don't know if it's just my browser or there is a problem with the .pdf, but somewhere around page 45 there's some kind of glitch and when I try to print it up, I can't seem to be able to print anything beyond the table of contents. Is anyone else having any trouble?

• Citizen Q,[p]I had the same problem somewhere in the high 30's-low 40's, and again in the low 60's. I figured as long as I wasn 't interested in the info on those two pages, it was no big deal. Someday when I get around to trying those recipes, it might become an issue but it's okay for now. It sure would be good to have a complete copy though. Then again, it gets updated frequently, and the online version is probably the best bet for a complete and up to date copy.[p]Someone suggested making this the official BGE cookbook. I think that's a great idea, but the updates would be really hard to manage.[p]Kevin
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Wise One,[p]That book is very nice! Great job![p]Cornfed
  • Kevin Klostermann, specifically it is pages 42 and 64. When I printed it before I had to finesse my printer through the curves there to get all the pages but those two.