Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Boneless Turkey breast times

Don from NJ
Don from NJ Posts: 50
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
i've got a 3lb boneless breast that i'm going to cook following thirdeye's method (indirect, around 300 grate temp) however i'm not sure how long this should take, anyone have any ideas? I'm looking to pull around 155, let rest and temp climb up during the rest period[p]thanks for the help!
[ul][li]Thirdeye's link[/ul]

Comments

• tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    howdy Don, I do the Costco boneless breasts and they take about 20-30 minutes a pound at 300-350 raised grid. tom

www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • tjv,[p]Thanks Tom! i'll give that a try! My adjustable rig has been getting a workout! love the stainless grid!
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Don from NJ,[p]Wow, what a great site. Heheee. I am a lousy judge of time so I think Tom's times should work out pretty good. Just watch the thermometer. If it seems to be cooking too fast, just ramp down the pit temp.[p]I've never had over-browning be an issue but tent with foil if it becomes one.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    DSC02574a.jpg
    <p />In true forum fashion, I'm replying to myself. Here is a visual on one I did just last week.[p]~thirdeye~
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Don from NJ, cool - glad you like the toys. [p]I just moved a frozen breast from the freezer to the frig. It should be ready to go this weekend. I do the breasts direct on top of the rig. I have the crossbars sitting on the lower level, 1.5, then if the bottom is browning to fast, I just drop a small pan on the crossbars to redirect the heat...quick fix. T
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Tom, [p]thanks for the tips, I did mine indirect with my pizza stone down on the spider, and the oval grid on the lowest setting with a foil pan, and then the breast on the upper setting.. I think I'll try the direct method next time, i didn't get much browning. I did it skin side down @ 350 for a 1/2 hr, then skin up the rest of the time. looked kinda pale in the end, with some decent grill marks. My wife picked it up at a local butcher shop, already marinated but not much flavor... [p]maybe next time :-)