Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Omaha EggFest 2007

Options
ChefDave
ChefDave Posts: 142
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I would have to say that Omaha's 1st EggFest was a success. L wish we could have been there Friday but that was our 28th anniversary and we had a great time having dinner at our favorite dining spot. Didn't drink alot of wine that night so we could get up at 3:30 and drive to Omaha. First two guys I met that morning 7:30am was Casey and Mike.
I think Casey and his staff did a wonderful job both inside and outside. They were so full of enthusiasm,full of knowledge and so willing to help.The classes that were held were a very learning experience. My wife stated that she got so much out AZRP's class and truly appreciated the information that he put out to his class. Car EWash Mike, Molly and the Andersons did a wonderful job in getting their specialty aroos to us & how to do it. SSN686 had some great bread cooks, I just wish I could get a shipment of his blueberry sausage. Egret ( John Hall) did some truly tasty cooks and he was great to talk to (so full of information). Dennis's Adobe Chicken was sooooooooo tasty. Mike's fatties and Cheryl's biscuits were great. Monica had some tasty she grilled but I can't remember the name of the item but tasty so great. My wife hooked up with Lucy, ( wife of the area or neighboring BGE distributor, Ron). The two of them were great to talk with. Casey brought Ron in to help sell the BGE and I think he did a great job. Listened to One Shot but he and Car Wash Mike seemed like they had to make up for lost time. Seemed like a nice young fellow and certainly popular. I know everyone who attended had a good time. I wish we could have stayed for the Saturday party but I had to be at our Church at 7:00 this morning. Car Wash Mike and I hope to get together and start preparations started for Kansas City's First Annal EggFest.
We look forward to seeing all of you in the future and Wish all...[p]HAPPY EGGIN[p]

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Letts-Do-It,
    Thanks for the crowd control help. They still have a hard time with a single line. Yea, Casey and I have got to get together in the next few weeks and get a date set. Nice to meet you guys.[p]Mike

• kgrocks
    kgrocks Posts: 2
    Options
    Letts-Do-It,
    I agree! This was my first and I'm already to go again! I learned so much yesterday that I can't wait to fire up the egg again! K.C. would be great! Thanks again to everyone!

• Letts-Do-It,[p]Dido that!!! This was my first EggFest, I have been cooking on the EGg for four years now. I had an awsome time, meet some great people from off of the forum who all were willing to take time to talk to you and share experience.[p]I was a tad bit dissipointed in the t-shirt i purchased, seems to more of an advertisment, but I did buy it not knowing what to expect. All in all I think it was great and will diffently attend next year.[p]JerryS
  • ChefDave
    ChefDave Posts: 142
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    It would be nice to do it in a cooler month like MAY...