Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Gosh I love this thing! Also suggestions?

Options
Ethan Scott
Ethan Scott Posts: 9
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Okay, so... the egg is everything you all promised. I'm at day 7 meal 9 and not even remotely getting bored. I have purchased the place setter a skad of different dizzy pig rubs. Apple, Maple, and Hickory woodchips.[p]In my refrigerator I have a 4lb brisket, a 3" Delmonico, 5lbs of chicken wings, and eight portabella caps. Also I have 12 fresh from the garden yellow tomatoes, a bushel of basil, 6 onions, and a handful of fresh jalapeños.[p]Also I am slowly nursing the wonderful starter that Egrit sent me back to life so I can try a sourdough soon.[p]Sunday I have a about 15 friends coming by, I'm thinking I should probably pick up a bit more meat but given that these are the jigsaw puzzle pieces I have anyone have any suggestions for a newbie?[p]Thanks,
e.

Comments

• hank
    hank Posts: 84
    Options
    Ethan,
    Welcome!

First, I imagine that that brisket with some substantial side would feed that group. Is this your first brisket? If so, I might recommend you think of picking up some rib racks and waiting until you have mastered the brisket (to me, the toughest meat to get right) before taking on a crowd.

Be sure to post and tell us how it went!

Hank
  • AlaskanC
    AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    Options
    Ethan Scott,[p]I don't have any suggestions for the meat, but with all those fresh ingredients I'm thinking fresh salsa or maybe some bruchetta.
  • Ethan Scott
    Options
    AlaskanC,[p]Actually had thought of that... the bruschetta part. Just needs to pick up some cheese... perhaps to smoke....[p]Excellent,
    e.

• Steeler Fan
    Options
    Ethan Scott, first thing first. Hide the 3" Delmonico and dvour it yourself. To give you some time to greet your guests recommend you make 4 fatties. Two plain, but use hot sausage. Keeps the beers flowing and if you have wine lovers get some 2005 australian Shiraz. Very inexpensive. The second two fatties, stuff with hardboiled eggs and regular sausage. Scotch eggs always seem to be a big hit. Now that you reduced their appetize you can always keep wowing them with ABT's. Sourdough bread w/ brisket and some salsa and more booze your home free. Have a good time.

By the way,I did not mention that Iron City goes real well with the Scotch eggs.

• Ethan Scott
    Options
    Steeler Fan,[p]Now I've been reading about these fatties for a while, but to be honest I don't believe I know what they are. Care to explain to us northern folks what exactly is is?
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    sausageport.jpg
    <p />Ethan Scott,
    Put those portabello caps in Wishbone Robust Italian Dressing for an hour. Brown some sausage. Grill the mushrooms gill side down about 10 minutes. Flip, add sausage and cheese.[p]Mike