Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I'm in!!!

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
WEll I have been asking questions for several days now on the forum and today, I ordered and paid for my large bge, along with the plate setter, rack extension, pizza stone and vinyl cover. Dealer includes the nest, shelves, ash tool and, of course, the lump, starter sticks and video.[p]I also got a MAPP torch at OSH today.[p]I already have a rack lifter, chicken and trykey vertical roasters, thermometers, drip pans, rib racks, lots of oak hardwood et al that I have been always using with my other grills. Now I need to build a storage shed just to hold all the Eggcessories.[p]Hopefully, the dealer will have it assembles and delivered within a week.[p]Thanks for everyone's support and encoouragement.[p]Hopefully I will soon be able to make more of a contribution to the forum.[p]Shelly

Comments

• shelly,
    welcome to the show that never ends![p]all you need now is a bumper sticker!

• shelly,[p]Which MAPP torch did get?
  • Jeeves
    Jeeves Posts: 461
    shelly,[p]
    Great, congrats![p]Contributions not required. Over time, you will feel that you are part of a great, warm, family. We share.[p]Look for an upcoming eggfest for a group hug.[p]For a storage shed, quick and dirty, I went to Wall Mart and purchase a Sterelite storage cabinet. It's cheap, lockable, and pretty tight.[p]You have a family hear, so if there is anything that we can help you with, don't hesitate!

[ul][li]http://www.sterilite.com/Category.html?Section=Hardware&ProductCategory=80#[/ul]
  • I know nothing about these tools but I purchased the Benzomatic TR4000--$45 including fuel canister. It actually was the only one that they had that used the MAPP fuel. They also had a unit that came with both the MAPP and the propane tanks.[p]It was also recommended that I get some tinted safety glasses due to the brighter flame it puts out, which I did for $9.[p]Shelly
  • We currently have a small out building next to the house (where the egg will live) that has a washer, dryer and freezer and attached to it is another small shed housing a refrigerator/freezer as well. Having been in the restaurant business (chef/owner), I got used to having lots of refrigeration to store all the things I continue to cook.[p]And next to this is my firewood pile.[p]We plan to tear it all down next Spring and replace it with one long building to house all the appliances, my outdoor cooking supplies/eggcessories and the wood, as well as my professional gardening tools with lots of above storage. So I will have lots of room by next year.[p]Thanks, though, for the link.[p]Shelly

• bobinaz
    bobinaz Posts: 44
    shelly,[p]Hi and welcome to this forum, which you know already.
    If you have an 'outbuilding' to house your egg, can you cook inside of it? does it have good ventilation?? You may want to consider a moveable table/cart for your egg. Check out the Naked Whiz website for some pix of egg tables for ideas if you want to have a moveable table for your new egg.
    Congrats and happy cooking onyour new egg!

• No, the current out buildings and the larger, longer one planned for the Spring are strictly for storage of appliances, equipment et al.[p]Thecovered Egg will live outside on a deck adjacent to the building, next to it and only be used to cook outside as well.[p]Not much severe weather here and only 3 months rain (12-16 inches) per year.[p]Shelly