Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

to pull or not to pull?

GaDawg
GaDawg Posts: 178
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a butt going that should be finished in an hour or
so (it's for tomorrow). Should I pull it tonight or put it
up as is. I've never done a butt and not pulled it right away.
Any advice?[p]Chuck

Comments

• Sippi
    Sippi Posts: 83
    GaDawg,
    I've done it both ways, but in my opinion, it is much easier while still hot.

• GaDawg,[p]We just through eating a butt that I cooked yesterday. I left it whole and then tonight put it in the oven wrapped in foil at 225.[p]After 2 hours I pulled it. I'm sure either way would work out fine, but this way worked great for me.[p]Enjoy it. Frank

• Sippi,
    I agree to pull while hot, although I cooked a 5 pound one this weekend that was nice to just 'pull' little parts as I needed some. I think a cooler is nice because you can wrap and let them rest. Then use ice overnight and serve them fresh the next day.[p]

• GaDawg,[p]I usually pull 80% of a butt when hot, but save a chunk for later. Once the butt has cooled, the fat congeals, making pulling.... eh no longer possible. BUT.... you can thin slice that remainder piece, and eat it cold with your favorite mustard and cold beer! [p]Mike