Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just Curious - Multiple Eggs

Options
BlueSmoke
BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just wondering how many of us Eggers own more than one. I have a large and a small.

Comments

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    BlueSmoke,[p]Have a Large and a Mini hoping to inves in a medium soon. Wouldn't mind having another Large at some point also.
    Carey

• Painter
    Painter Posts: 464
    Options
    BlueSmoke, Good morning to ya, just going over last evenings posts. I started with the large 15 months ago after lurking on this forum. I found out about the egg from the UGLY Bros. website that I found surfing the net. I don't remember what I was searching for at the time. They said if you have to own just one smoker grill it should be the BGE. A lot of money I thought but just thought I had to have one. I never looked back, I just happened to get my small for my B-Day from my wife 4 months later. Love it(and her). Money saved by staying home cooking and eating has made it an investment not an expensive toy, not to mention new people I consider friends that I,ve met here on the forum, and in person with eggfests.(I'd like to meet more) My oldest daughter suggested maybe an egg for her as a house warming gift from us as her husband and her finally bought their first home..I'm just rammbling on here...But that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    Good weeekend to ya

• Fireball
    Options
    BlueSmoke,
    I have two mediums and a mini. The next one will be a large. Or yes one chiminea (sp?). also.
    Fireball

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    BlueSmoke,
    Mark me down with a small, a medium and a large BGE. I posted back on July 4th how I bought my first being the large and then my young bride of 35 years has seen fit to give me first the small and then the medium as BD gifts "just because".

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    Options
    BlueSmoke,
    Large and a mini here. Planning on a medium or maybe a small before long.

• Puj
    Puj Posts: 615
    Options
    BlueSmoke,[p]The large is doing its magic on 20 lbs. of pork shoulder butt; ETA 10:00 AM Monday. The mini will be on duty later today roasting peanuts. The small has the day off.[p]Hope all are having a great weekend.[p]Puj[p][p]

• Carl T
    Carl T Posts: 179
    Options
    BlueSmoke,[p]I have a Large, a Small and a Mini. Love them all (especially the Small).[p]Carl T

• GaDawg
    GaDawg Posts: 178
    Options
    BlueSmoke,
    Large and mini. I really need to fill the holes in my lineup.
    Chuck

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    BlueSmoke,[p]Large since '98, small since '99, mini since '00, and will pick up a medium at Eggtoberfest.[p]Spin
  • mr toad
    mr toad Posts: 779
    Options
    bluesmoke,
    i have a large, small, and mini, we do not use the mini - thinking of making a flower pot out of it to set on my the new egg table i am planning - use the small much more than the large - small is perfect for two people

See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                        Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    BlueSmoke,
    I have a mini,small,large eggs and a BGE chiminea,like Spin i will pick a medium at Eggtoberfest.
    Larry

• Puj
    Puj Posts: 615
    Options
    Rodney,[p]The mini has a place at your table, and not as a container or vase for flowers! :) It does a great job at high temp grillings for two, roasts raw peanuts in 25 minutes, plus other uses.[p]See you in 6 weeks.[p]Puj
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    BlueSmoke,[p]I have a Small and a Mini, and will be buying a large the day after I move out of this apartment.[p]Later,
    Cornfed

• mr toad
    Options
    puj,
    okay, no folwers - until we can talk at eggtoberfest - looking forward to seeing you again

Smoke no Evil

• YB
    Options
    Mr. Toad,
    With a little work the mini will cook almost like the small egg...We are looking forward to seeing everybody.
    Larry

[ul][li]Mini with raised grid[/ul]
  • Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    myegg2.jpg
    <p />BlueSmoke,

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    BlueSmoke,[p]I've got the Large, Small, Mini and chiminea. I will be picking up a Medium at EggFest to complete the collection. Can't let YB get too far ahead of me.[p]K~G

• YB
    Options
    KennyG,
    I bought something new today...and I am not going to tell you what it is...I love Toys!I might show it to you at Eggtoberfest.[p]Larry

• mr toad
    Options
    yb,
    technical, kennyg get one shot and the ball

Smoke no Evil

• KennyG
    Options
    YB,[p]Aw c'mon, whatcha got? I'll bet you bought it from the new Chef's catalog??[p]K~G

• WudEyeDoo
    Options
    KennyG,
    What is a chiminea? I never heard of that before.

• Trout Bum
    Options
    BlueSmoke,
    Bought my first a large in April and biught a small 2 months ago.
    Love em both.
    B D

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    WudEyeDoo,
    A chimenea is one of those things that is big and round on the bottom and tall and narrow on the top. It has an opening in the bottom to allow you to insert firewood. One lights the wood, the smoke goes up the chimney and voila, you have a small outdoor fireplace. [p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Kevin D
    Options
    WudEyeDoo,[p]A Chiminea is a small outdoor fireplace. BGE makes a nice one out of the same ceramic material as the BGE. My wife and I are out on our deck right now tossing back a few cold ones and enjoying the chiminea. Ol' Humpty went straight out for 24 hours first cooking a prime rib for two hours and then immediately a picnic roast for 22 hours. We decided to give him the night off and enjoy a little fire. Wish I had a digital camera to post a picture. Maybe that will come after the small egg and chain saw.[p]Kevin

• YB
    Options
    Mr. Toad,
    Now that was funny.
    Larry

• KennyG
    Options
    deckeggs.jpg
    <p />WudEyeDoo,[p]Here's a pic of little Chimey with his brothers.[p]K~G

• JimW
    JimW Posts: 450
    Options
    BlueSmoke,
    A large for low and slow and large cooks and a small just for me.
    JimW