Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What a weekend!

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What a great first weekend with my Egg![p]Friday: I had a flank steak that I had frozen several months ago with the idea of making ropa vieja. Being lazy, I decided to marinate it for a few hours in a chipolte chili-based marinade instead. I got the Egg temperature up to 250 deg, added some pre-soaked hickory chips, put on the meat, then watched the sunset for thirty minutes. The results? Fabulous, incredible, and other superlatives! My wife made an arugula and pear salad, her speecialty, but the Egg won the day.[p]Saturday: I cooked a filet of Arctic Char, lightly coated on the flesh side with Roasted Garlic and Peppercorn CharCrust (no relation to the fish and no pun intended!) I fired up the egg to 350 deg, then cooked the fish until it was done. (I never use a timer. I go by looks, smell, and experience. ;^) Everybody raved about it, but mistakenly attributed the incredible taste and moistness to the fish, not the Egg or the chef :^([p]Sunday: I used a recipe from "Sublime Smoke" for jerked chicken, but modified the marinade substantially for more flavor. I got the fire to 250 degs. and put on two grill's worth of chicken, planning on leftovers, but that didn't happen. Four of us ate all the chicken![p]I have grilled, barbequed, and smoked for years, but never got the results and huzzahs I get with my Egg. What a cooker![p]Don't worry. I won't post every time I cook something, but I am really excited about Egging.[p]Jim

Comments

• Janet
    Janet Posts: 102
    Jim Benenson,
    Thanks for the flank steak experience - will try it tomorrow. Enjoyed your comment about the sunset as I, too, usually use the sunset as my guide to cooking on the egg. Nothing beats a glass of wine, the sunset, and then a great Egg meal!
    Janet, egger since May[p]