Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dusting off the old horizontal smoker

Matt
Matt Posts: 103
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm making barbecue for a group of 63 folks going down to Mississippi to help with Katrina rebuilding (still!) and I don't think I'll be doing it on the Egg. My calculations come out to about 45 lbs. of raw butt and there's no way that it will all fit on my large in one cook. So, I'm stuck tending my smoker all day tomorrow instead of just setting up the Egg and walking away. Alas....[p]Matt

Comments

• Pharmeggist
    Pharmeggist Posts: 1,191
    Matt,
    I am sure the 63 folks will appreciate the food whether it is egged or not. I wish you and the group well on such a noble endeavor.
    ~Pharmeggist

• Matt
    Matt Posts: 103
    Thanks, Pharmeggist,[p]I'm actually not going with them to Mississippi as I will be out of town on business. I just figured I could at least contribute a meal....and, barbecue is what I know best.[p]Matt
  • AnnaG
    AnnaG Posts: 1,104
    Matt,[p]Where in MS is your group going to? What state are you coming from?[p]I live 80 miles inland, and this area got hit pretty hard, but the coast was just absolutley torn up... One of my friends' mom just got back in her house a couple of months ago... She lives in Kiln which is next to Bay St. Louis. What the storm didn't damage, the flooding took care of... Her mom almost drowned trying to escape the surge...[p]It is amazing to think there are still lots of people trying, desperately to put their lives back together...[p]Thanks so much to your group's help. I promise it will be greatly appreciated!!![p]Thanks...
    ...AnnaG...