Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Were we just hungry, or is a cooked Butt that's....

Franco
Franco Posts: 88
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
reheated as good or better than one right off the Egg? Last time I cooked one, I went ahead and cooked two. Put one in the freezer and then tonight I put it in the oven in foil for about 3 hrs. at 200 degrees. [p]It was great, but my guess is we were just in the mood.[p]I do have another question though. After you pull it, how do you keep it warm for the next one? I use foil, but with all the in's and out's going on, it doesn't stay warm to long.[p]Thanks as always, Frank

Comments

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Franco,
    Did you pull the second one before freezing it? What exactly do you mean when you said how do you keep it warm for the next one?

• Mikey
    Mikey Posts: 56
    Franco,
    Maybe its me, maybe its because I was just around the smoke so much before I pulled and ate it, but I too think that PP is better reheated. Not that it isn't great right after pulling (which is after I have taken it off the cooker and tented it in foil for an hour), but to me it just seems to have more flavor and a better texture reheated.[p]Mikey

• Franco
    JJ,[p]No I reheated it whole, then pulled it. But after it's pulled, I always put it in foil and have a hard time keeping it warm while we are eating it. Do you have any ideas?[p]Thanks, Frank[p]
  • JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Franco,
    Yep. Eat faster.

• JimW
    JimW Posts: 450
    Franco,
    Just nuke what you need for the first round. Then nuke more as people are ready for it. The only other way I know of is to keep it in a warming oven.
    JimW

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    JJ, :-) they usually eat plenty fast the way it is.. I wonder if pulling a large amount that a large electric crock pot roaster would be of any benefit with the glass lids. Just a thought..! We did that back on me B'day with a large amount of pork loin..courtesy Skooter, me boy.
    He be a good cook now!!
    C~W

• Franco
    Char-Woody,[p]I never thought about an electric crock pot roaster. We'll give that a try. Thanks,Frank[p]