Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini cooking in the raaaaain......

Options
mollyshark
mollyshark Posts: 1,519
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Got a big hunk of Mahi-Mahi. Soaked it in a little teriyaki for a bit, along with some shrimp. Heated up the mini and put my Mahi on it in a small foil pan. Then the rain started. Yowie. I kept watching the temperature gauge to see if the rain was going to cause a problem as it nicely fell on my fish through the dome! The mini fought and won the fight. Temperature didn't vary one degree from the 350 it was sitting at. About a half hour later, I pulled out a lovely, juicy Mahi-Mahi which we inhaled with some dry sauvignon blanc. Life is good. I'm so proud of the little guy.

Comments

• King-O-Coals
    Options
    Oh boy. MollyShark, now all of my heros are female. (eggsept for Geroge Wallace. I had to make that statement being from the south and all) Your determination is the lore of Sainthood. Mahi-Mahi is dolphin down here. Not to be confused with Dauphin (a young member of French Royalty, as in Dauphin Island). We also have a sea going mammal named a dolphin,, but that is really a porpous (like flipper). Our Mahi-Mahi dolphin is a small version of the Pacific version. But man is it good. We call'um "chicken dolphin" down here. We catch them under weed-beds in the Gulf. Melt in your mouth good.. Won't it be great when we have 'transporters' like Spock. Then we can pop-in on each other and taste these dooseys? Brave that rain girl! Neither rain, nor snow, nor sleet,,,,,,, nor,,,,,,....