Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sauce Help

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am looking for a Jalapeno cream sauce that goes with Steak - any ideas ???

Comments

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Jfol,[p]I don't have the recipe you want, but if I were to give a shot at making it I would start with:[p]1-2 shallots
    1 Tbs. butter to saute' the shallots
    1/2 C dry white wine for deglazing the saute' pan
    1 cup heavy cream
    corn starch for thickening
    fresh jalapeno to taste
    A piece of beef fat or a couple of dashes of kitchen bouquet[p]In a small pan, saute' the shallots and beef fat (if used) in the butter. Add the wine and scrape the bottom of the pan clean. Reduce by 1/2. Add the cream, corn starch, and the kitchen bouquet (if used) and simmer until thickened to desired consistancy.[p]The peppers could be saute'd with the onion, added with the wine, or added with the cream. It might need a dash or two of tabasco sauce and/or white pepper to help the jalapeno blend into the cream.[p]Spin

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Jfol, Spin's recipe looked good. If you try it let us know how it turned out - and if you made any tweaks to it.