Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Corn on the Cob

Tanker Tim
Tanker Tim Posts: 68
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Any tips for doing corn on the cob (still in the husk)[p]I checked the archives but it came up with nothing.[p]
Thanks,[p]TT

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Tanker Tim,
    Hi TTim...I see some Iowa Boy in ya..:-)
    Back in the threads about a month ago..there was quite a bit of corn cookin...
    Some bare, some in the husk, some wrapped in foil..Any way that you want it..I did some as per another posters suggestion..just soak em in water, squeeze out the water so they don't drip, and do em direct on the grill 300 to 350F for about 30 to 40 minutes..(?)..like ribs, sample one after 30 minutes or so. (G)..When ready, strip husk and silk in one swoop and eat..little cleaning has to be done. I tried it..it works. I have also peeled back the husk, stripped the silk, sprinle with salt and melted butter, replace husk as best you can and repeat the above. Excellent..nice.
    Hope others toss some ideas atcha..
    Cheers..
    C~W

• Tanker Tim, cgeck new recipe submissions for some goodies also..here is one from Spice Cooks.[p]Corn on the Cob with a Twist
    Submitted by: SpiceCooks [p]

Very easy and delicious side dish for chicken, pork or beef.
    Ingredients:
    • 4 Ears of Fresh Corn on the Cob
    • rub of choice
    • butter or margarine, melted [p]
    Preparation Directions:
    • Soak corn in cold water for 1 to 2 hours. Pull back husk, but do not remove, and remove silks. Using a sandwich bag on your hand, rub butter or margarine onto ears. Sprinkle with rub of choice. Pull husk back over ears and secure at the top with a small piece of husk. [p]Cooking Directions:
    • Place on BGE and cook at 300° to 325° for 30-35 minutes, turning often. Place in cooler, wrap with aluminum foil and towel and let rest until main entree is done. Remove outer husk by twisting stalk at the bottom and the entire husk will fall away. Very tender and delicious. [p]

[p]
  • Tanker Tim, and anudder one from Game Hog..save ya lookin..Happy Q to ya.
    C~W[p]http://biggreenegg.com/recipes/newRecipes/veggies0236.htm

[ul][li]raw ears on the grill...Corn that is!![/ul]
  • C~W,[p]Thanks for the help, but Momma got to the corn (cleaned em) before I could prep them.[p]I'll try the butter in the husk method next time![p]
    TT

• BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Tanker Tim,
    I may be late with this one, but I always do the corn on the cob naked. No, let me rephrase that...LOL Stripped of the husk, rubbed with a nice olive oil and sprinkled with a seasoned salt or commercial rub and slow grilled at 300 or under, rolled on grill as kernels begin to brown. That carmelization does wonders on the old taste buds. A big hit at every gathering at Qfan Ranch and a little different from most offerings where husk is left intact.
    Qfan

• Tanker Tim,[p]We had some awesome corn last night. We took the husks and silk off two ears of white corn. Then cooked on a 650 degree fire turning frequently until lightly toasted. I then combined some Cascabel chile powder with kosher salt. We squeezed lime on the corn and topped with the salt mix. Wow...that was some great corn. Next time I plan on trying a mix of Chipotle chile powder and salt. Try this and I guarantee you won't miss the butter on your corn![p]
  • Trout Bum
    Trout Bum Posts: 343
    C~W,
    Your right on with that one C~W, it's my favorite by a long shot.
    Everyone I've served it to loves it.
    It's the only way I cook corn now.
    B D