Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

yo, Nature Boy...or if you're not awake

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,889
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm planning on trying Nature Boy's Ginger Mahogany Rib recipe and sauce for the first time on Sunday, so I need to get those spare ribs swiming in the morning.
I believe the recipe was originally posted well over a year ago, so I'm wondering if you, Chris, are still up or even at home for the weekend, and if you, or any others who tried it have made any modifications that you found worthly of note - you know, "like in iffin I could change that recipe submission a bit I would say..." Thanks for the help!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    RRP,
    Just returned for the evening! Glad to hear you will give this recipe a shot. I still do it pretty much the same as posted, but have lowered my cooking temps to the 250-275 range. Also I have been working on ways to simplify it. If you do not have a particular ingredient, let me know...and we can come up with a substitution or elimination.
    have fun!!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,889
    Options
    Nature Boy, Thanks, Chris. I hope I didn't offend you! I just meant that knowing how you are always tinkering with recipes that maybe you found a new twist...and just so you know Dr C was a FIB himself for years! 8^)

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Dr. Chicken
    Options
    RRP,
    Oh! I get it! Once a FIB, always a FIB?[p]No way Jose'![p]Dr. C