Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A Twist on Burgers

RhumAndJerk
RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My diet of late has consisted of sweet corn and frozen hamburgers. I have put just about everything I that have on the burgers, every flavor of Char Crust and many different rubs. Last night was the Ginger Teriyaki flavor. I am not that impressed with this flavor, so I saved one burger and decided to try something completely different. I coated the outside with Sambal Bdajk, an Indonesian Hot Chile Paste. The flavor came out great. There was definitely a nice heat level but it was not overpowering. It was not an initially burn but a slow building and lasting burn that lasted for about an hour after the meal. It was almost the perfect level, not enough to hurt but just noticeable and enjoyable. The next time that I do this, I would like to let the Sambal Bdajk sit on the meat longer.[p]Sambal Bdajk should be fairly easy to find. The company that makes Siracha Hot Sauce also makes Sambal Bdajk and Sambal Olek. Generally, they sit next to each other on the shalef.[p]Hey Cornfed, this would be a good try for some Flaming Beef Kabobs. Simply marinade some cubed beef overnight in the Sambal and grill for Kabobs. That should light you up.

Happy Grilling,
RhumAndJerk

Comments