Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Newbie with a rib question

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Should I coat both sides of the ribs with mustard and rub or just the "meat" side? Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments

• Richard
    Richard Posts: 698
    brent4313,[p]A friend of mine who has owned a few BBQ sites in the Southeast told me years ago that he only puts rub on the meat side just before going into the smoker and that is the way I have done for years. He doesn't even use mustard. From a commercial view point, he does not do the membrane, 'cause for leftovers they tend to dry out, but we eggers never have leftovers. right??
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    brent4313,[p]I mustard both sides but only rub the meat side. As with everything else, I think it just depends on personal preference.[p]Either way they will be better than you ever expected.
  • Pharmeggist
    Pharmeggist Posts: 1,191
    brent4313,
    First I remove the white membrane from the ribs. Second, I apply the rub to the ribs. Next I apply plain french's yellow mustard to the meat side. Finally, I apply a second coating of rub over the top. Works great for me! It is all a matter of personal preference. Everybody has their favorite way.[p]Happy Egging, Pharmeggist

• Saucehog
    Saucehog Posts: 30
    brent4313,
    Check this link out.[p]If you are prepping and have time...remove the membrane..a little TLC goes a long way.[p]

[ul][li]Baby Back RIb Steps[/ul]