Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stacking up the egg...and I flunked geometry! Any thoughts?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
long story short is more people are heading to the lake tomorrow than we thought...I've got 12 lbs of butt, 8 lbs of brisket, 3 racks of ribs today, then a bunch of sausage tomorrow morning early...[p]Materials wise i have a Large egg, pizza stone for indirect, drip pan, grill extender, and extra grill grates.[p]My thought is start the grill this morning with the following scenario at 225-250 grill temp[p] Brisket
Butt Butt
Grill extender
Drip Pan
Pizza stone
Regular BGE grill grate[p]After 8 hours or so lay the ribs in. Cook for 4 more hours...am I insane or does this sound doable?[p][p][p]

[ul][li][url=http:// ]http:// [/url][/ul]

Comments

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Ohio Boy in Charlotte,[p]Really don't need the pizza stone. Using the drip pan gives you indirect. Good luck.
  • Why1504
    Why1504 Posts: 277
    Options
    Ohio Boy in Charlotte,[p]Depending on the weights, that is going to fill up that egg. Take a picture, I would love to see all that on the egg. I am doing 3 10 lb butts tomorrow and I based on my experience, I can shoehorn one more butt in there. I do use a plate setter, and that will give you 3-4 more inches. Also, I would put the brisket on the bottom so that the pork fat will run over the brisket. Be sure to measure the temps of all that meat as you go and pull off each piece as they get done. It is unlikely they will all be done at the same time due to temp differences between the grid and the top of the pile.
  • Steeler Fan
    Steeler Fan Posts: 395
    Options
    Ohio Boy in Charlotte, first of all what is an Ohio Boy doing in Pittsburgh South? To answer your questions, some other questions have to be asked. Assuming you started at 9 am today (brisket and butts) and everything works right, probably going to be done about midnite or so. Are you going to pull the meat and refigerate? I would do ribs and then about 4pm today put the brisket and butts on , hopefully they would be done early am. Pack in hot cooler wrapped in aluminum foil and hot towels and pull at the lake. Adjust these times as to when you want the food ready.
    Good Luck

• Unknown
    Options
    Steeler Fan,
    It gets worse, another Browns fan in Charlotte![p]Yeah, planned on pulling tonight, putting in vacuum bags then reheating over several days at the lake...I'll let you know how it goes..