Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

High of BGE lip in a table?

Options
Ottawa_egger
Ottawa_egger Posts: 236
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
For all of you large BGE owners with tables, what is the hieght of the lip of the egg from the floor? I'm drawing up plans for my table and I'm wondering what the standard height is. I realize there would a difference depending on the individual (think Danny Devito vs. Yao Ming), but I'm just looking for normal 6' people.[p]Ottawa_egger

Comments

• bobinaz
    bobinaz Posts: 44
    Options
    Ottawa_egger,[p]Mine is about at my waist. Even with 10 people at 6ft tall, you might get 10 different heights...probably all within 6 inches. It depends on what you like. If it is slightly lower than "normal" you may have to bend alittle to do your cooking. Is your back OK with that?? You might have long arms or short arms. Just stand in your kitchen at your counter with a pair of tongs in hand and pretend to cook. Does the height seem right to you?? Add a phonebook for more counter height. Is it better or worse?
    Even after you make the table, you can always do something to tweek the height so it suits you best. Good luck and post a pix when you complete it.
    Happy Cookin'
    BoB

• Unknown
    Options
    My table top is 32" off the floor. This is equivalent to the table plans on teh BGE website and the tables at the dealer. This is also equivalent to fold-out portable tables I have.[p]I have a large BGE and the lip of the opening is 19" from the floor. So I made my table shelf at 18 5/8" down from the top. That's 17" plus 1 5/8" for my paver stone. This puts the opening lip at 2" above the table top.[p]My wife, at about 5'3", loves the table height. Me, at about 5'11", wishes it was about 2"-3" higher. So, If i decide to put casters on the table, it will come out about right.[p]Good luck!!
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Ottawa_egger,[p] Measure a regular table from floor to table top. Then measure the distance from the table top to your belly button. Add that to the original measurement. That will be close enough to what you need for Gov'mint work.
  • ted
    ted Posts: 51
    Options
    Being 6'5" I did not want to be bending over all the time at my egg. So I made the legs on the table 36"+1" for counter top = 37" total inches and it works perfect. My wife is 5'2" on a good day and even she likes the height.[p]Good luck