Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

meatlaof

Options
Lady in the Shoe
Lady in the Shoe Posts: 29
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
can i get a good meat loaf recipe for the egg for tonite

Comments

• Metalhead
    Metalhead Posts: 668
    Options
    Lady in the Shoe,
    meat
    egg
    breadcrumbs
    various spices[p]cook on egg[p]last 20 mins add ketchup,mustard,bbq sauce combo to top[p]enjoy[p]Jan

• Metalhead
    Metalhead Posts: 668
    Options
    Lady in the Shoe,
    I am of course joking w/my first post. Remember what ya'll say at the mothership..."you can cook anything
    on the egg as if it were in the oven"[p]Don't you already make the best meatloaf around?[p]I'm assuming you said yes....just throw on the egg...use a cast iron pan if needed. See ya soon Lady in the Shoe[p]Jan

• Rick G
    Rick G Posts: 185
    Options
    Lady in the Shoe,
    This is my mom's recipe...we like it alot.[p]MIX
    1# hamburger
    1# ground turkey
    1/4 cup steak sauce
    1 pkg onion soup mix
    1/2 cup dry oatmeal
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp pepper
    2 eggs[p]put in loaf pan...cover with bbq sauce or ketchup[p]bake at 350 for about an hour

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Lady in the Shoe,
    You can see mine/my moms on my website in the cooks section[p]Wess

[ul][li]WessB`s[/ul]
  • Unknown
    Options
    Lady in the Shoe,
    there is an endless number of meatloaf recipes.[p]here's mine.[p]1 1/2 lb hamburger--your choice of fat %
    3/4 lb ground pork (not sausage)
    1/2 can (small can) tomato sauce
    small handful of dried breadcrumbs
    1 egg
    1 TB or more of your favorite rub (that you would use for steaks, burgers, or other beef)
    salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste (if you use rub, i'd suggest leaving these out the first time and add them slowly on succeeding meatloaves till you get it to your liking)
    1/4 to 1/2 med. onion, chopped (or a handful of dried onion flakes reconstituted for a couple of mins in a bit of hot water)[p]smoosh it all together.[p]i form it in a loaf, put it in a metal colander, and cook it indirect at 350 dome. it takes 1 to 1 1/2 hrs to reach 160 deg.[p]i don't use any smoking wood, in that i find that the light smoke flavor from the lump is sufficient flavoring for my family's taste.[p]ken[p]