Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza Dough Question IMPORTANT FOR TONIGHT!

Options
Uncle Phil
Uncle Phil Posts: 669
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Bought so pizza dough from Publix Sunday and want to make our own pizza. Is there any special preparation with the dough. Do you bake dough first then add toppings, or do you just put toppings on the raw dough and cook together? Was going to do this tonight. Help![p]Uncle Phil

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Uncle Phil,
    I put the dough on the egg & then immediately add sauce & toppings. You can also pre-assemble your pie then transfer to the egg (this can be tricky). Depending on how hot your egg is you may or may not lose all of your arm hair. Good luck

• icemncmth
    icemncmth Posts: 1,165
    Options
    Uncle Phil,[p]You need to take it out and bring it to room temp...[p]then all you have do do if you have a pizza peel is throw some corn meal on it then stretch you dough and shape..put on peel and add your toppings..then throw on egg...[p]If you don't have a peel must use a cookie sheet..throw corn meal on it and shape your dough and place on cookie sheet...[p]Then add toppings...put on egg..the cornmeal acts like little balls and allows the dough to slide off if you jiggle it....[p]so ....just slide it onto the stone and be done with it..[p]You need to preheat the egg for an hour or so...
  • ccrider.disabled
    Options
    Uncle Phil,
    I shape the dough then put on parchment paper cut just larger than the dough. Add toppings and put on pizza stone. After a few minutes slide the parchment from under the pizza then finish.

• Slotmercenary
    Slotmercenary Posts: 1,071
    Options
    atx,
    i find it easier to get the extruded round aluminum circles (disposable grill covers) from wally world and assemble the pizza on it. then just simply slide the whole thing on the place setter or pizza stone. this keeps the crust from burning and gives you something to grab and slide with.
    Good Luck

• Uncle Phil
    Uncle Phil Posts: 669
    Options
    Uncle Phil,
    Thanks Everyone. My wife and I were discussing that the dough had to be baked first and I said I didn't think so. Wow, I was right. Now, maybe she will let me buy the iPHONE![p]Uncle Phil

• icemncmth
    icemncmth Posts: 1,165
    Options
    Uncle Phil,[p]Iphone...heck ...so how will it work if you have gloves on?
  • SuperDave
    SuperDave Posts: 319
    Options
    icemncmth,
    The iPhone is nice... but who can afford the fees? I understand it will cost about 3000.00 for full service with the 2 year contract![p]Outta my range!

• Matt
    Matt Posts: 103
    Options
    SuperDave,[p]Actually, the iPhone itself will cost $500 to $600, but the monthly plans are quite reasonable -- $60 to $100 with unlimited data access and rollover minutes. This is quite comparable to many existing plans with the same or similar features.[p]Matt
    [ul][li]iPhone Story on CNN.com[/ul]