Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another juicy brisket question (slap me)

Options
City Slicker
City Slicker Posts: 95
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Read this in the archives, looking for more info on getting the brisket done right. Essentially the OP pulled his brisket just after the temp rose out of the plateau. Around 165 degrees. I am going to follow MollySharks advice with my cook, and not use the platesetter, but was wondering if you brisket pros agree with pulling at 165ish ? Won't be cooking until tonight or even tomorrow night, but will post pics and results. Thanks, Roger[p]http://www.biggreenegg.com/archives/2002/messages/36325.htm

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    City Slicker,
    i think letting his dome temps drop during the middle of the cook helped him more than the final temps. i let them cook till they pass the fork test. make sure to rest it for a while in the cooler afterwards, 3 or 4 hours in the cooler seems to mellow them, then take the drippings from the foil and add to a watered down sauce, brisket dries fast after cutting so the watery sauce helps, seems to be best right at cutting. mine are done around 190, but some a little less, some a little more.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • BYC
    BYC Posts: 358
    Options
    City Slicker,[p]I did one yesterday without the platesetter. I did however use Tom's XL setup with a drip pan and liquid in the pan, which in essence provided a minimal element of indirect cooking. I tested at 165 but did not feel it passed the fork tender test so proceeded to cook to 190 at which time I foiled and rested for 45 minutes. It was very good.

• City Slicker
    Options
    fishlessman,
    Will have to try saucing them, never did that the first two times. Will stick a fork in them when I get up in the morning, to see if they are done, and disregard the temp if its between 165 and 190. Hmmm, wonder if I can stick a long fork down through the daisy wheel hole.