Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Quiche

Eggvis
Eggvis Posts: 94
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ok, I know they say that real men don't eat quiche, but real men DO make it on the egg![p]Quiche1.jpg[p]Ingredients:
Hashbrown crust (pre-browned)
5 eggs from chicken I raise...wife's into organic, blah, blah, blah
Ham
Sausage
Onions
Green, Red, and Orange Bell Peppers
Swiss Cheese[p]Set up: Egg Temp at 350-375
Indirect- plate setter, legs up
I used my grill extender and cooked two of these babys. I highly recommend that you try this, very easy, crowd pleasing treat![p]Paul

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Eggvis,
    Looks very tasty. Would go well with griffingadawg's stone ground grits.[p]Now I'm REALLY get'n hungry.[p]Spring "Real Men Eat Anything" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    quiche1L.jpg
    <p />Eggvis wrote Ok, I know they say that real men don't eat quiche, but real men DO make it on the egg![p]Yes we do![p]~thirdeye~[p]

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    IMG_3793.jpg
    <p />Eggvis,
    Your 'pie' looks mighty good, reminds me of seafood pies I make on the egg during the winter months. Some day if we move out of the city we will raise chickens,...some ducks, a hog or two. They all taste good in the egg.
    Clay

• Eggvis,
    how about some more cooking details, like the browning of the hash brown crust; in the egg? oil in that tin? no milk in the eggs?[p]looks great. although, i'd have to change the name to something like "egg pit stop" or something for the nascar races, or i might get killed