Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Marinated Tri-Tip ?

Options
BK
BK Posts: 19
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I normally use a rub on Tri-Tip then sear it and roast for a few minutes until med rare. Thinking about Marinating in Stubb's Steakhouse Marinade, then slow cooking at 250 until reaching temp of 130.
Any ideas on this??

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    259921101.jpg
    <p />Barry,[p]I cooked one yesterday and came out great. I like to roast mine after I sear it at 350 degrees until it reaches an internal temperature of 130, then let it sit for about 10 minutes. I used Chaka's sauce for the marinade, Cowlick for the rub and pecan wood for the smoke.

• BK
    BK Posts: 19
    Options
    Caveman Smoker,
    I assume you're roasting at 350? I generally sear at pretty high temp then lower to the 350 range. Have you cooked them at low temps in the 250 range?

• Unknown
    Options
    259921098.jpg
    <p />Barry,[p]Yes, I seared them at a higher temperature of around 600, then, put a RAISED grill on with the meat and brought the temperature to 350 with the meat still on. No, I never roasted at 250. Seems if you roast at 250, the meat will come out a little rubberie, but i could be wrong. I think more of a tougher cut of meat would be more suitable at lower temps i.e. brisket.
  • SpokaneMan
    SpokaneMan Posts: 77
    Options
    I always cook a rib roast at 225 and pull it when it reaches 125. It's never rubbery.
  • BabyBoomBBQ
    BabyBoomBBQ Posts: 703
    Options
    SpokaneMan,[p]That's the way I do them too.