Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New egger

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi Guys -[p]New to egging - actually, my hubby is the egger. Does that make me the eggie? (Sorry - that was pretty lame!) But I must say, I'm a convert - yum yum yum.[p]Luckily, I went with him to purchase the egg. He had a medium in mind. I immediately put an end to that! Told him if we were going to get one, it would be the Large![p]Anyway - you guys are too much! Have to ask - how many of you have named your egg? [p]Ours is named "Ed"![p]Cathy

Comments

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    TheHarmons,
    Welcome to the family. Never had time to think up a name for my EGG's. So much to cook, so little time. hehe

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    TheHarmons, well, once in a while after a super fireball, we have some choice ones :-)
    We do have fun here, and welcome to the BGE "Egg Crate" forum place. Lots of folks off doing stuff, and I am sure they will find the forum again shortly...Yell for help, its only minutes away when needed.
    Cheers..
    C~W

• Rotor
    Rotor Posts: 53
    TheHarmons,[p]Nice to meet you. My wife calls if the Avocado. As in "We're having avocado for dinner" when she invites people over. *smiles*
  • Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    TheHarmons,
    Hey and welcome!
    Very good call on getting the large instead of the medium.
    Been trying to come up with a name but haven't yet. But when friends come over, the must first "pay homage" to THE EGG!
    My friends don't mind since they want to eat off it!
    When ya get stumped, ask away!
    And enjoy!

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    TheHarmons,
    You've hit upon a subject that's near and dear.
    The care of ones Egg.
    Naming is a good thing.
    Hugging your Egg (not during a high temp cook) is a good thing.
    Talking to your Egg before, during and after a cook is a good thing.
    A loving caress of his surface is a good thing.
    Cleaning is a good thing.
    Mostly the Egg's I've had the pleasure of knowing like to be acknowleged and have praise heaped on them.
    Listening to what your Egg says is a good(?) thing.
    Doing what your Egg tells you to do could be a problem...but, always listen politely.[p]Carey[p]PS I refer to my large as Mr. Egg and to the Mini as Little Fella' they seem to enjoy having personalities and names.
    I'm seeing my therapist later today ;>)

• Trout Bum
    Trout Bum Posts: 343
    TheHarmons,
    We have a large and a small. My wife and I kinda refer to them as "The Big Guy" and "The Little Guy".
    Happy Q'ing, it just gets better and better!
    B D

• TheHarmons,
    I never named mine, although Humpty might be appropriate. I've had it 3 years now and 2 years ago had a catastrophe. My wife left the dog out on too long a lead. She wrapped around the Egg, got excited and pulled it over. The top and internal pieces survived, but the bottom didn't. Luckily it didn't crush the dog. Now it sits in a redwood cart. If my wife had said to the insurance agent " It was broken when I got home", it would have been covered. She mentioned the dog and it was not covered. Moral>>>>
    Don't blame everything on the dog.[p]Bob Hamilton
    Egging all year long
    in New Hampshire

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Sundown, would you mind if I sit beside you in the waiting room..?? :-)
    C~W[p]