Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fajitas (Pics)

Ronbo
Ronbo Posts: 90
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I love fajitas. Swung by the mothership today but they were out of Cast Iron grids for the large. Stopped off at a dealer on the way back home and he had one so seasoned it and broke it in with fajitas[p]Fajitas1.jpg[p]
Fajitas2.jpg[p]Oh Darn there are leftovers...now I have to take them to work tomorrow[p]
Fajitas3.jpg

Comments

• tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Ronbo, dang I now what's for dinner tomorrow night. We have a Mexican grocery store couple blocks from the house. They have great fajita seasoned meat and chicken, not to mention all the fixings. thanks for the idea. T

www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Ronbo,[p]Oh yeah....I love fajitas. That's about the doneness I prefer too. If you play with that grain direction a bit you can get some really tender slices. I sometimes do against the grain and on the bias.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Ronbo
    thirdeye,
    Thanks for the tip. Ah man...Now I am going to have to make them again this week try against the grain out :-)

• thirdeye
    DSC02691a.jpg
    <p />Ronbo,[p]We had tacos and some of fishlessman's poblano rellenos tonight. See the Hey~fishlessman post below for the recipe. [p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

• Ronbo
    thirdeye,
    Now were talking. Those look fantastic! I will try them this weekend

• Ronbo
    tjv,
    Sent you an email

• Ronbo
    Hehehe
    Heated the leftovers up and then took the long way back to my office so that the smell would drive everyone crazy...It worked! 3 people have already stopped by to see what I am eating. I still have 2 more to go...Amazing what brings me joy these days

• JM3
    JM3 Posts: 272
    thirdeye,[p]I got to say you are hurting my feelings since I gave fishlessman the recipe for the stuffed poblanos after I made them. Got them from Steve Raichlen's BBQU and since I love poblanos I just had to make them. [p]:-)[p]Sure miss my egg. She is in storage while I wait for my house in Tampa to sell. The small is with the family at the in-laws so I get to see it on weekends.[p]John
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    JM3,
    i dont know why my write up dissapeared from the archives after all these years, it gave you credit for bringing the recipe to the forum, but now its gone. when i went looking for it, the only place i found the recipe was in chets recipe section, and probably since i made them so many times he assumed i first posted it.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • thirdeye
    JM3,[p]Oops....Well, I try to give credit where it is due. To be honest I didn't realize that Raichlen was in the equation either until I went to the new link for the recipe yesterday. I'll make the corrections in my recipe file.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,168
    Ronbo,
    What was the cut of meat and marinade used, if you can share??

• JM3
    JM3 Posts: 272
    fishlessman,[p]Not really complaining. The board has such a constantly evolving membership that it really doesn't matter.[p]What matters is that we make some awesome food :-)[p]John