Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

butt results, had it tonight!

smokn gramma g
smokn gramma g Posts: 144
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It was a little dried out! Butt tasted to die for!
P6090555.jpg[p]
P6100557.jpg[p]
P6100561.jpg[p]
and the final pulled pork!
P4110563.jpg[p]All in all I will do this again! So many learning curves! I should have done a little more research before starting something I had not done before![p]I probably should have pulled it a little earlier like Celtic Wolf mentioned! Again, a learning curve.[p]Thanks for everyones help, much appreciated!![p]Gayle

Comments

• Richard
    Richard Posts: 698
    smokn gramma g,[p]Nice to see you up and chipper. LOL

• Richard,
    lol! I slept till almost 2pm!! So I am probably up for half the night!

• Richard
    smokn gramma g,[p]Got time and charcoal for a brisket this evening?
  • Richard,
    I got six bags of namibian, got to get out and get some more maple leaf! I have ZERO energy, nothing but time but not doing anything! Post a pic of your cook and that is good enough for me tonight!! What did you cook tonight?

• Richard
    smokn gramma g,[p]Cheated, to tired to crank up the egg after watching you have so much fun. Did a chicken in a pot and made seafood gumbo on the stove. Chicken, okra, roux, veggies, 4 blue crab fresh from the river, the meat from the knuckles of 5 lbs alaskan king crab, heads on shrimp 1 1/2 lbs. pint fresh oysters and rice for an side. Had a few pomegranate martinis to get started. Now I am the one who needs a nap.[p] Beverage, Vodka, Martini, Pomegranate, Carrabba's
    [p]2 Ozs. Vodka, Peach, Absolute
    2 Ozs. Orange Juice, Fresh
    3/4 Oz. Pomegranate Mix, MONIN, Clearwater, FL

Mix and shake over cubes of ice. Strain into a chilled martini glass.

Recipe Type
    Beverage

Recipe Source
    Source: Carrabbas, Melbourne, Florida, 12/22/06

• Richard,
    Still sounds like lots of work!
    I Love all your drinks! Exotic![p]I am off to go veg on the couch and put in a movie, then call it a night![p]Have a good one[p]Gayle

• tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    smokn gramma g, if you are ever in doubt about doneness, give the bone a tug. If you can pull it out, the butt is ready for an hour or two in the cooler. [p]But then, I live in brisket country......my disclaimer....LOL. T

www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.